Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, I am officially hooked on this Twilight book. My boss has let me borrow her copy and I can not put the book down. I didn't think that I would like a book that was about vampires but it's an easy read and a page-turner. I wonder if I will get hooked after reading Twilight and run out to get the other 3 books....

On Friday night we went out to eat with our good friends Scott and Whitney at Frontera. After dinner we all came back to the house and just lounged for a little while. Saturday morning (well, more like brunch time) we meet up with S&W again at Hobby Lobby where I got two new pictures/signs for the house.






After lunch on Saturday we headed up to Athens for the GymDogs meet. The GymDogs stomped the Gators! AND Courtney Kupets got a 10 on the floor! It was a great meet! After the GymDogs, we (Mike, Dad, Pam, and some friends from the neighborhood) went to Outback. I've always been a huge fan of the Alice Springs Chicken and I noticed that they had added a new appetizer - the Alice Springs Chicken Quesadilla. I figured I would try it out and it was soooooo good!

Sunday morning we got up and went to Mass in the monsoon. After Mass, we went on an all day shopping adventure for new work shoes for Mike. After several hours of getting in and out of the rain (turned snow) --- I decided that the only place left to go was Bennie's. My Dad gets his shoes from Bennie's so I figured he must know something we don't when it comes to men's shoes. He was right on. Bennie's is the jackpot. I told Mike that we were not leaving without at least one pair of shoes. We left with two pairs of work shoes, shoe laces, and shoe trees.

I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures of the snow but we got a lot of it! I hope that we get more! I love the snow!

I hope that everyone has a great week!

Now...back to Twilight! :)

2 comments:

  1. We have something in common! I too, add more detergent thinking my clothes will be cleaner ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "Mike" is the lucky one.
    Sounds like your weekend was relaxing until he needed to find some shoes. I bet that was a challenge!

    Great blog! Enjoyed it and will check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete