Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hello Spring!

So before I get into our weekend update, I thought I'd let you know of my Ambien adventure. The other night I was working late and by the time I got home I still could not unwind from the day. So, I took an Ambien. I figured it would be a way to get my brain to turn off of work for a few hours. Well, apparently a few minutes after I had fallen asleep Mike said that I started making funny noises. I guess when he said my name, he woke me up in the physical state, but mentally, the Ambien had already taken over. When I opened my eyes, I saw tons of people dressed head to toe in feathers. Yes, there were feathered people in our bedroom - I saw them! I also saw a bird sitting on our ceiling fan and there was fabric on the walls. Everything was moving. When I asked Mike "why are they here?" (meaning the feathered people) I think that's when he realized that something wasn't quite right. He asked me if I was hallucinating and I surprisingly said "Yes, I'm hallucinating." This was the first time that I had taken an Ambien and hallucinated. The next morning Mike asked me if I remembered hallucinating and it all came back to me clear as day. I remember it so clearly. It was so weird! I even remember telling Mike that I knew I was hallucinating. Did you know that hallucinations are a side effect to taking Ambien? I googled it and it is not uncommon. So...beware!

**Just as a side note -this was my first hallucination experience so please do not think that I am some drug doing hippie. I simply took a sleeping pill to do just that - go to sleep.

Ok - on to the weekend...

This weekend was great! It started out by heading down to Newnan to spend the night with Mike's parents. We got down there kind of late, so there's not much more to say about Friday. Although, I did cook before we hit the road. I made Shrimp Casserole (I got the recipe from Kelly's Korner). It was a nice new dish for us to try on a Friday during Lent. :)

On Saturday, we spent the day just lounging around the house. Saturday afternoon, Mike and I sat down and re-did our taxes; this time claiming the FTHB credit. I can't wait to get that big deposit in our account!

Today we were heathens and did not go to church. We woke up to sunshine and it made me think ahead to the warm weather and that bathing suit season will be here before we know it. So, we got up and went to the gym...for the first time since we've been married. Ha! That's embarrassing. On the way home, we rode with the windows down and it kicked us into Spring mode. When we got back from the gym we started cleaning. I bet we spent at least two hours just straight cleaning. Our house smells so nice and fresh now!

This afternoon I met my Mom at TJ Maxx to look for some shoes...no luck. I think my feet are shrinking because all the 6's are too big now. I wish the rest of my body would shrink a little bit. Ha!

I forgot to mention that I finished Twilight this weekend. So my sister brought me the next two books for me to read. I can't wait to see the movie and start the second book!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and was out enjoying the beautiful weather!

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment