Brooke is one month old! It seems like this has been the fastest, yet slowest month ever. Some pictures of our sweet girl during her first month of life...
What are you up to this month?
- You are wearing newborn diapers and wear size newborn clothes. You're a skinny little thing! I actually had to pick up a few items from Target so you wouldn't have to repeat the same 3 outfits every few days.
- You weighed 8 lbs 2 ozs at your one month doctor's appointment (20% percentile). You measured right at 20.5 inches (26% percentile), which is how long you were at birth...but the nurse assured me that your length at birth was probably a little off since babies tend to be extra wiggly then. And your head circumference was 36 inches (24% percentile).
- You eat every 3 hours. We have had some troubles with nursing and went to see a lactation consultant, where she diagnosed you as having 'lazy mouth syndrome'.We were given some exercises to do and they've helped some...so we're working on that. In the mean time I am pumping around the clock so you canhave breast milk. It's a lot of work but it's definitely worth it!
- Since your tummy reminds youthat you are supposed to eat every 3 hours you typically wake up to eat during the night. Although there have been a few nights you had a 4 hour stretch. You are still sleeping in your pack-n-play in our room. Your pediatrician recommended that you sleep in our room for the first month. Maybe you'll move to your room by your 2 month check up.
- You are doing great with the eat, play, sleep cycle during the day so I hope you will follow the Babywise trend and transition to be a great night sleeper.
- We started working on taking naps in your crib, but you don't really like that idea just yet. You will be so sleepy with droopy eyes and as soon as I go to lay you down in your crib your eyes pop WIDE open. If you could talk I'm pretty sure you would say "Oh heck no, crazy lady! You are NOT going to lay me down in this bed!" So, for now, you take the majority of your naps in your swing.
- Speaking of swing, you LOVE your swing. However, you do not love the bouncy seat, but I think it will grow on you.
- You are a pretty easy baby, you only fuss when you're hungry, need a diaper change or are sleepy. Most of the time when you're fussy your paci helps calm you down.
- You are a very alert baby. Everyone always is impressed with how alert you are. But then again, you were very alert when you were born too. I suppose you're just taking everything in.
- You don't seem to like tummy time very much...unless its on someone's chest or on the Boppy. It hasn't seem to hinder your growing neck muscles since you're doing a great job holding your head up. Some days you're really strong and others more bobble-head-ish.