Friday, October 29, 2010

17 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby F is the size of a turnip

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 6.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants have arrived!!!!!!! Yeeehaw! I'm still wearing my regular shirts for the most part though.

Gender: Still don't know but I have a cool idea how we're going to reveal the gender to our family on Thanksgiving Day.

Movement: Maybe a few flutters, but not as much as last week (maybe it was gas!). I've been poking my stomach to see if I can feel Turtle move away.

Sleep: I've gotten into the habit of getting up once to pee at night. Although I did sleep all the way through the night without waking up not even once. I woke up feeling like a new woman!

What I miss: I still really miss the Publix Turkey with American Cheese, mayo, banana peppers and jalapenos. I also miss not being able to eat Grilled or Baked chicken....it just really grosses me out. Fried is OK though. :)

Cravings: I can't seem to stay away from the left over Halloween candy. The Twix were the first to disappear and the Snickers are slowly disappearing too. I've also been craving SweetTarts. Mike gets on to me and tells me to watch my sugar...something about both our mother's having gestational diabetes.

Symptoms: Last week I mentioned just a growing waist line but I forgot to mention my hormones taking me on a crazy emotional roller coaster. I seem to cry at the drop of a hat (which I hate!). This week the emotional roller coaster has continued although I only cried when we were watching Mrs. Doubtfire on Sunday night. I'm making progress! I've also experienced cankles as my dear husband pointed out. On Sunday we were driving home from the GA/FL game and when we stopped to eat at Zaxby's by our house I looked down at my feet and they were super swollen. I started thinking all kinds of crazy things like "is this a sign of gestational diabetes? Did I have too much sodium? Have I not had enough water? Is Turtle ok?" I came home and elevated and rested and my feet were back to normal by Monday night. Oh...and I almost forgot! Pregnancy brain! I accidentally melted one of our Cutco knives in the oven last night. :(

Best Moment this week: Getting 3 pairs of maternity pants. I am MUCH more comfortable in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment