Saturday, June 13, 2009

Well Hello there Mr. Cuervo

This morning I got up and ran a 5K....yes I know, I have not been training. But....every year I run (if you can call it that) the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th and I thought it would be a good idea for my body to get a preview to what's coming. I felt I needed to get my running shoes acquainted with the pavement again and get my heart rate up (so that I don't have a heart attack when I face cardiac hill). Well, this morning was the first time I had ran in probably 6 months and my body is fully aware of that.

After the race, I stopped by Chic-fil-A to pick up breakfast. Mike and I had a picnic on the driveway and then we immediately started doing yard work. We dug up a few bushes and moved them to the side of the house. We didn't get inside until 5pm.

Needless to say, I am beat. Mike and I hit up one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and split fajitas and a pitcher of margarita's. I'm so happy that I can't feel my legs right now. I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment