Friday, March 25, 2011

38 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a leek. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19.5 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 39 lbs. Is it bad that I almost jumped for joy at the fact that I only gained 1 lb since last week? I know I'm over the recommended "25-35 lbs" but to be honest, I'm not going to NOT eat. If I gain, I gain...I will not deprive myself of the joys of good food. I know I'll lose the weight eventually.

Maternity Clothes: Still getting tighter by the week! Unfortunately my jeans are the most comfortable pants I have...wish I could wear those everyday.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: Movement has definitely slowed down. Although, when she moves it's hard not to notice my whole belly contort. The other day I was at lunch with some coworkers and the lady sitting next to me said she saw something out of the corner of her eye (she said she just thought it was me breathing) but then she saw it jump and jolt like a contortionist. And I said..."that's my girl!"

Sleep: I am exhausted. The only way I get a wink of sleep is if I'm sitting up. When I lay on my sides now I wake up to killer round ligament pains...so bad that I can hardly walk. I usually have to stand for a good 2 minutes before I even try to take a step towards the bathroom. As for the 2 hour stints of insomnia...those are still hanging around. I'm hoping that its just my 'nesting' instinct (when I'm awake all I can think about is what else we need to get or how I need to wash all her clothes/blankets/sheets/lovies, etc.). Now that everything is finally ready I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep a little better.

What I miss: I miss sleep and wondering if eating Pringles will make the swelling in my feet that much worse.

Cravings: I've been craving Reese's anything (cups, minis, jumbo cup, pieces, Easter eggs, etc.) and salty things, like popcorn and regular potato chips.

Symptoms: I think I have started sporting the "I'm pregnant and miserable" look. Just as I'd gotten used to the typical "Oh! Congratulations! When are you due?" now I get "Oh man! You look like you're about to POP!" My only response to that guy was "Yeah, next Friday."

Best Moment this week: The best moment this week was spending Saturday with my Mom, sister and Mauri. I dubbed it the return/exchange and final shopping trip day. We visited Babies R Us, BuyBuyBaby, Target, Pottery Barn Kids, Homegoods and Belk. I was able to get the majority of the things we still needed with the exchanges and gift cards. AND, we were able to get it all put away and organized....including organizing Brooke's clothes and I even got her stuff washed. Brooke's nursery is finally ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment