Friday, March 11, 2011

36 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a crenshaw melon. She weighs about 6 pounds and is about 18.5 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 36 lbs. Another week of gaining 3+lbs. Water weight. Water weight. Water weight.

Maternity Clothes: A friend told me that towards the end even my maternity clothes would start to get tight...well, she wasn't lying! I've had to retire one of my maternity shirts because I'm just too big for it now and I've had to retire two pairs of maternity pants.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: She's definitely still moving around a lot, but I can tell she's running out of space quickly. At night, when I lay on my right side, she usually turns so that she's facing the same way as I am...and when I turn to my left side, she turns not too long after I do. But, it seems that if I get up before she can 'twist' back around, she'll stay facing that way again until I lay down again.

Sleep: Sleep is about the same. Still dealing with the whole pillow situation. I'm definitely able to sleep more but its still rare that I sleep through the night without waking up.

What I miss: Being able to sit up without using my elbows to push me up. I can't bend in half anymore. Still struggling with being dependent on someone else to help me...like lifting things. I want to shout "I'm not handicap! I'm pregnant!" but then I stop myself because that would be ugly and people are only being nice to me. I would look like a real witch if I acted out in an ungrateful manner...and I'd really regret it later.


Cravings: A pan cheese pizza from Pizza Hut! Yum!

Symptoms: No new symptoms this week. Although I guess I have gotten bigger. While I was at the chiropractor an older man asked me if I was having twins...when I said no his response was 'oh wow! so just oooooooone biiiiiiiiig one, huh?' I was polite and answered him nicely but when I got into my car I called Mike and immediately started bawling. I'm super sensitive and emotional.

Best Moment this week: My coworkers surprised me with a baby shower! I was supposed to be going into a meeting to discuss the transition of tasks while I'm on maternity leave and when I walked into the conference room the whole office was in there with a table full of goodies. They had 3 types of cakes, fresh fruit and cheese along with gifts. It was a fun hour for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment