Friday, March 18, 2011

37 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 37 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a stalk of Swiss chard. She weighs about 6.5 pounds and is about 19 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 38 lbs. I think I read somewhere that towards the end of pregnancy, you stop gaining weight. That clearly is not happening to me.

Maternity Clothes: I can definitely tell that my hips are getting wider...opening up to let that baby come down. My maternity pants are almost a struggle to get on. The other morning I could have sworn I heard my pants rip; although I wasn't able to find said rip...so I wore them anyways.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: She has finally settled into her final position, I believe. Last week, depending on how I was laying she would turn/twist inside my belly. This week when I turn on my right side, she likes to kick my left ribs, as if to say "No! No! Momma! I don't like that!"

Sleep: The sleep wedge, aka my pillow fortress, has definitely made my nights a little better. Miraculously the midnight potty break has tapered. Although, I've just traded it in for 2 hour bouts of insomnia. I wake up around 3 am, wide awake and can't fall asleep until 5 am, which is right about the time Mike's alarm clock goes off. Needless to say, by that point, I'm exhausted.

What I miss: I miss seeing my ankle bones. I can't wait to get my feet back to normal...they are a sight!

Cravings: Can't really say that I've been craving anything in particular this week. I'm still really looking forward to my Publix deli sandwich come birth day. :)

Symptoms: My belly is HUGE. My feet are HUGE. Everything is HUGE. I think she's dropped a little bit because it's gotten a tad bit easier to breathe and the heartburn/indigestion has gotten much better too. In addition to my feet swelling, it hit my hands. It makes me sooooo sad that I'm not wearing my wedding rings, but I was afraid that if I didn't take them off that they'd have to be cut off.

Best Moment this week: We had our last baby shower this Saturday and we are pretty much set to go now. Brooke has a whole closet full of clothes to wear thanks to her Aunt Mallory! And another major milestone was met this week....we are officially FULL TERM! While I'm not ready (still need to wash her clothes, pack our hospital bags, install the car seat, etc.) it is nice to know that IF she decides to come now, her lungs are likely mature enough to function on their own. I can't believe how close we are to finally getting to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Can't believe it's finally time. How awesome. So excited for you =)

    ReplyDelete