Friday, January 28, 2011

30 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a head of cabbage. She weighs almost three pounds and is just under 16 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I lost a few pounds and am now at 22 lbs. Wowzers! Who would have thought I'd LOSE a few pounds??? Well, it totally wasn't worth it...those lost pounds were due to being sick as a dog. Post nasal drip and a nasty cough really killed my appetite buzz.

Maternity Clothes: All I wear now.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: She's been pretty consistent with moving, but this week was definitely a little less noticeable...maybe because she's tired of being bounced around with all my coughing?

Sleep: Sleep has been terrible. When I finally get comfortable I get a tickle in my throat...which makes me reach for my water...which makes me move AND seems to trigger a cough. It's been just awful.

What I miss: This week I miss being able to take drugs. This stupid cold would be MUCH easier to deal with if I would allow myself some Tylenol Cold & Sinus. I did however break down and eat two Halls Naturals cough drops and 1 regular Tylenol....neither did anything and I immediately regretted it. *Yes, I know that it's 'safe' to take during pregnancy. And yes my doctor told me it was fine to take Tylenol PM to help with sleep. I just choose not to. Just in case Brooke comes out with 6 toes on one foot at least I'll know that it wasn't attributed to my lack of self will and taking acetaminophen.

Cravings: Haven't been craving anything much this week since I can't taste much. My Mom did come over and make me a homemade chicken pot pie...which was amazing. And she brought me OJ and applesauce. I've eaten a lot of applesauce this week because its cold and its easy on my sore throat. I should mention that I prefer the cinnamon applesauce.....mmmmmm!

Symptoms: Same old stuff still going on. Sore hips. I have been feeling better after visiting the chiropractor though. AND, she did make the comment "Oh! I can tell your hips are starting to spread more." *not sure that's something you should say to a pregnant lady* Hopefully this is a good indicator that she won't have any troubles coming out of there!

Best Moment this week: We did the hospital tour on Saturday which was pretty exciting. We got to see the labor and delivery room, the recovery room and the nursery. I've always heard that Northside is supposedly like a 'hotel' and I was really skeptical. I was thinking there would be a mini-fridge or something in the room with us (perhaps for my cinnamon applesauce)...but it wasn't anything what I was expecting it to be. Not that it was bad...it was great! Even without a mini-fridge. :) At least now we have a 'oh.my.gosh. I'm in labor and we're gonna have a baby get me to the hospital right this minute plan'. I'm just secretly hoping that Mike doesn't go the wrong way on 285 come birth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment