Friday, December 17, 2010

24 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is the size of an ear of corn. She weighs just over a pound and is about a foot long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my scale I've gained 17 lbs. but according to my last doctor's appointment I've gained 15 lbs. I'm thinking we're going to go with the doc's word on this one. :)

Maternity Clothes: All I wear now. I'm hoping that Santa brings me some more maternity shirts and sweaters because I really need them.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: Oh yeah...she's definitely a wiggle worm. I can see my stomach jump now from her kicks. I think we might have a gymnast in training here. :)

Sleep: I've hit a sleep wall again. Sleep has become a little more difficult. I've had a lot of congestion which causes me to breath through my mouth. Which I HATE. I hate waking up with cotton mouth.

What I miss: I definitely miss having a glass of wine. I went out to eat with a few girlfriends and they all ordered cocktails/wine. I was super jealous.

Cravings: Just sweets in general. Since I had cut back (a teeny tiny bit) on my sweets the glucose test drink wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I had the red drink which like Fruit Punch Powerade with an additional 3 cups of sugar in it. I actually liked it for the first half of the drink and then it became too much.

Symptoms: Still suffering from heartburn.

Best Moment this week: Hearing the words "You passed! Everything came back normal" in regards to my sugar test. I was sooooo worried I was going to fail. To be completely honest I was more afraid of having to do the 3 hour test more than actually having 'the sugar'. I was having crazy amount of anxiety just thinking about having to fast before and then getting my blood taken 3 times. Such a relief to know that my body is working like it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment