Friday, November 12, 2010

19 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is the size of a mango

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Somewhere along the way I gained more weight than I was reporting...it was an honest mistake any preggo lady could make. I've gained 9.5 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I LOVE my maternity clothes. They are soooo comfortable. I would highly suggest anyone investing in a pair of maternity jeans...especially for Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Gender: Counting down the days!!!!!!

Movement: Still just a few flutters.

Sleep: Depends on the night. Some nights I wake up to pee once or to re-situate and other nights I sleep all the way through.

What I miss: Just being comfortable. My body has been experiencing some 'growing pains'. It seems to come in cycles. It all starts out with an itchy belly...I'm assuming because my skin is stretching (although no stretch marks yet, thank goodness) and then the next day or two I have an intense amount of pressure all in my torso. Imagine all your inside organs feeling like they're being pushed and squished into your rib cage, because that's the only way I can describe it. Its very uncomfortable. Then a day or two later it seems like my body adjusts to the pressure. And then, it starts all over. I know I shouldn't complain because it's only the beginning. There's a lot more squishing to do over the next few months.

Cravings: Sweets. Sweets. And more Sweets. I can't seem to get enough cake, cupcakes and candy...which is very odd since I've never had much of a sweet tooth. I blame Mike for passing on the sweet tooth gene.

Symptoms: Having a bladder the size of a pea. I think I visit the bathroom at least 25 times a day. I feel like Turtle has placed a sack of marbles on my bladder.

Best Moment this week: Mike went on a business trip to Ireland and brought back a cute green onesie. I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful for him to bring back a little souvenir from his trip. AND...I've been feeling more and more flutters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment