Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yefri

For a few months now, Mike and I have been talking about sponsoring a child. We really wanted to get in the habit of giving and we both agreed that we'd like to give to a child. We decided to go through Compassion. This week Kelly has been in El Salvador with Compassion and it has really pulled on my heart strings. So, tonight, we did it. We sponsored Yefri. He is 8 years old and is in Honduras. My heart is full of joy right now. With $38 a month Yefri will receive medical check ups, school supplies, school uniforms, he will get to experience birthday celebrations, play sports and learn about Jesus. We chose to sponsor Yefri because he has been waiting for over 6 months for a sponsor and he is speech impaired. I can only hope that by being Yefri's sponsor we will be making a difference in this sweet boy's life. I can't wait to get our packet and send our first letter to Yefri.

No comments:

Post a Comment