What are you up to this month?
- You weighed 14.35 lbs at your 7 month visit! I am SO happy to see you gaining some weight. Your little legs are definitely getting plump!
- You still wear a size 2 diaper and your eating habits are pretty much the same (nursing every 3-4 hours and you get 6 ozs if you have a bottle).
- You have really gotten the whole eating solids thing down. You are a very neat eater, no messes, which makes Momma happy. You've had oatmeal, bananas, avocado, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash, pears, and rice cereal with apples. You did NOT like bananas - you gagged and refused to swallow and I had to scrape the food out of your mouth...but with a little persistence you have learned that you do in fact like bananas.
- This month you got your first cold with a cough. It was the most pitiful little cough and it just broke our hearts. You would cough during the night and it would wake you up and I would rush to you...well, that started bad habits. Now, you wake around 2am for a 'snack' but then go right back to sleep and it seems as though you hear when Daddy's feet hit the floor at 5am, because you wake up AGAIN. We usually get up and start our day around 8 though.
- You are wearing 3-6 months and a few 6 month outfits. You can still wear your size 3 month pajamas...but I think its because we've just stretched them out.
- You are very close to crawling! If a toy is just out of your reach you will roll, twist and spin to get to it. You are such a determined little girl.
- You got an exersaucer this month and it is has changed our life. You will play for a very long time by yourself in it, but once you've had enough - you will YELL to get our attention and make it very clear you are ready to get out.
- You L-O-V-E books. It makes me so happy that you like to sit in our lap and read books. You get very excited when we turn the pages.
- You also love to be outside. You love when the wind blows and you take a big breath in like it took your breath away. You also love to watch the leaves fall from the trees.
- We have been working on waving and giving kisses. Some times you will wave without our help and you've started leaning in with an open mouth to give us 'sugar'.
- You learned Pat-a-Cake at school and you really enjoy doing the hand motions when we sing it. You also love to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. I'm just thankful you aren't critical of my singing.
Brooke, you are loved so very much. I wish I had a penny for every time I kiss your sweet head...your college would already be paid for!