I can hardly believe we are already to Brooke's half birthday! This month has been so much fun! You have really kicked your little personality into over drive and its so neat to watch you take the world in.
What are you up to this month?
- You are still a very petite little thing. At your six month well check up you weighted 12 lbs 11 ozs (2%) and were 24 inches long (2%).
- You are wearing a size 2 diaper.
- You wear size 3 month and 3-6 month clothes...but there are still a few 0-3 month clothes that you can squeeze into.
- You started solids a little over a week ago and you seem to enjoy the rice cereal. We will move to oatmeal very soon. You were developmentally ready to start eating. You don't even spit the food out...you gobble it right up. I think you are going to be a great eater.
- You are still nursing 4-5 times a day or every 3-4 hours. Right now since we just started solids you get rice cereal once a day, usually either in the morning or at lunch. We'll add in another meal pretty soon. When you take a bottle you get 6 ounces.
- You are still a GREAT sleeper. Your bedtime is somewhere between 7:30 and 8 and you will normally sleep until 7-7:30 the next morning. Every once in a while you wake up around 6 but you typically go right back to sleep once you have a little morning 'snack'. You also take 2 naps. Although some days you revolt and take only 1 nap.
- You have taken rolling to a new level. You will barrel roll across the room and changing your diaper has become a work out.
- Still no teeth but surely they aren't too far away. You chew on everything. I call you my Billy Goat because you will 'eat' just about anything. Socks. Shirts. Dresses. Paci. Toys. Blankets. My clothes. My hair. The sofa. Everything is a slobbery mess around these parts now days.
- You are so close to pulling yourself up to a sitting position. You can do it all by yourself if you have the Boppy or pillow behind you. You also have started 'lunging' forward while sitting up. A few times you have face planted but I think its a great start in you learning how to crawl. You also love to bounce and rock while sitting.
- You sat in a highchair at a restaurant for the first time this month. You had a really great time trying to pull everything off the table. I don't think I've ever eaten so fast in my life.
- You are into everything! You are constantly reaching for my phone, the remote to the tv or pretty much anything you're NOT supposed to have. You are quite a determined little girl to get whatever you want.
- You smile alot but this month you started doing a new thing...scowling. You can be so happy and smiling and then you turn very serious. You usually dish out flirty smiles but here recently you just scowl. Its funny to me because I know you're a happy baby.
- You love to play peek-a-boo and you always laugh when something pops out and it surprises you.
- You are such a happy baby! It seems that you get compliments almost everywhere we go.
Brooke, you are perfect in every way and I feel so blessed that God picked me to be your Momma. Some days I am overwhelmed with all this LOVE!