Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Two Month, Brooke!

Brooke is two months old! I can't believe how fast the second month went. Brooke's little personality has just taken off this month and its so fun to watch her grow. I swear, every time I blink she grows. I take a lot of pictures of her, mostly on my iPhone because its so handy.
What are you up to this month?
  • You are wearing size 1 diapers and size 0-3 months clothes. You can still wear a few of your newborn outfits but not many. The other night I put you in a newborn footed pj and you started crying...I quickly figured out it was because you were cramped in there and couldn't stretch out! Poor thing!
  • You weighed 9 lb. 5 oz (19th percentile) at your doctor appointment and you measured 21.5 inches long (20th percentile). Your head circumference was 38 inches (31st percentile).I can't believe you've grown a whole inch right before my eyes. It's amazing how fast you are growing!
  • You eat 4 oz's every 3 hours and we've made some progress with nursing. We went to see an occupational therapist and they gave us some more exercises to do and I think you're doing better. You usually nurse your first feeding of the day and then you get a bottle for all your other feedings.
  • You're really starting to sleep for longer stretches at night. It's not uncommon for you to go 7 or 8 hours. This makes Mom & Dad super happy! :)
  • You are still sleeping in your pack in play in our bedroom. I had anticipated that you would be in your crib by now...but I'm ok with having you so close. You have started taking naps in your crib without fussing too much now and I think you sleep better in your room once you finally fall asleep.
  • We swaddle you at night and for naps. When you wake up you usually kick your legs and grunt until someone comes in and un-velco's the swaddle. Then as soon as your arms are free you will strreeeetch really big then flash a big gummy grin. I love that you wake up so happy (definitely get that from your Daddy).
  • You are most content in the swing (unless someone is holding you) but the bouncy seat has grown on you. You sit in the bouncy seat while I take a shower some days and you just coo and kick your legs.

  • You started using your activity mat this month although I think you get scared sometimes. You don't move much and when you do move your arms and knock the dangly things it scares you and you cry.
  • You do NOT like tummy time. I think it is safe to say that you hate it.
  • You have recently found your voice and you love to hear your self talk. The first time you squealed, you surprised yourself and got real still and looked around like "did I do that?"
  • You smile ALL the time! I'm pretty sure if you keep up these smiles you'll get just about whatever you want. I say the silliest things and make the funniest faces just to get you to smile.
  • Your have the most beautiful blue eyes.
  • You have mastered the pouty face and it's absolutely pitiful. As soon as that little lower lip sticks out my heart melts.
Brooke, we love you more than we knew our hearts were capable of. It's an amazing love and every night I go to bed thinking I can't possibly love you any more than I already do; then morning comes and my heart has grown over night and I love you even more! You are the best thing that has ever happened to us!

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! What an amazing precious little girl you have.

    ReplyDelete