Friday, April 8, 2011

40 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 40 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a small pumpkin. She weighs about 7.5 pounds and is about 20 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 45 lbs. Yikes!

Maternity Clothes: Thankfully, I have been able to work from home a few days this week...so on those days I've been sleeping, working and living in Mike's pajama pants (mine haven't fit for a very long time). When I absolutely have to go out in public, then I put on my favorite maternity jeans...even though they're a little tight in the thighs now.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: Our little girl doesn't move nearly as much as she used to...I'm pretty sure its because she's run out of room in there. Time to come out!

Sleep: Sleep has been hit or miss. I'm still waking up at 3am but it's not every night.

What I miss: Nothing really comes to mind this week. I think I'm too anxious to miss anything.

Cravings: I haven't had many cravings this week. Maybe the Zaxby's House Zalad with ranch? Yummy! Pringles are still super addicting, but when are they not?

Symptoms: Swelling and just being a BIG ole pregnant girl.

Best Moment this week: This week I reached my official due date of April 8th. It came and went and I was so disappointed that Brooke had not graced us with her presence outside the womb. The doctor said that they typically do not like for you to go too far past your due date and for that they wanted me to come in with two dates picked out to induce labor. I was NOT happy about that. I was very clear that I did not want to pick Brooke's birthday and that I wanted to give her every chance to come on her own. I am only comfortable inducing if there is a major risk to her health. But as for now, she's healthy and snug as a bug in there...so I'm going to let her stay there as long as she likes. The perk to going past my due date is that they want to closely monitor her progress...which means ultrasounds! So, this week we got to see our little Turtle for hopefully the last time via ultrasound. The ultrasound tech said that she appears to be on the smaller side, but since Mike and I aren't large people she said that was perfectly fine. They estimated her to be about 6 lbs 5 ozs...we'll see just how close their prediction is.

No comments:

Post a Comment