Friday, February 25, 2011

34 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of baby: Turtle is about the size of a cantaloupe. She weighs about 4.75 pounds and is about 18 inches.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 30 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: All I wear now. In fact, some of my maternity clothes are starting to get tight! Yikes! I had to make a quick run to Target to find a few new shirts to wear to baby showers because most of mine are just too tight now.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Brooke Henley Femiano!

Movement: She is still moving around in there like a wiggle worm. At our 34 week doctor's appointment our midwife confirmed that she's head down with her butt towards my ribs and her feet were towards my left side. She's gotten so big now that you can see when she arches her back...my stomach contorts and you can see it move in multiple places. It's wild!

Sleep: I think I'm just going to give up on sleep. If I can make it through the night without waking up 13 times, I consider it a good nights sleep.

What I miss: Can't say I miss anything other than the standard response: sleep! Maybe not getting out of breath so fast? Who knew putting socks on could be so exhausting?

Cravings: I haven't had any weird cravings this week. I'm pretty much always hungry and if anyone mentions something food wise, it sounds good to me. Since the indigestion has been so bad I tend to lean more towards the lighter meals (like a salad or a bowl of cereal) at night, otherwise I'll be up all night dealing with reflux.

Symptoms: A new typical pregnancy symptom showed up this week (well, it showed up a few weeks ago but it wasn't all that bad)...swollen feet. My feet/ankles/legs have indention's from my socks and shoes. The other day I had on argyle print socks and when I took my socks off at the end of the day, the argyle pattern was indented in my skin. I even resorted to wearing flip flops to work twice this week because my regular Keens and Dansko's wouldn't even fit on my feet in the morning (and that's when they're the smallest!).

Best Moment this week: The best moment this week was by far the baby shower hosted by my wonderful friends Mauri, Ashley and Miss Medra (Mauri's mom). The shower was so much fun and I got to see a ton of my favorite people all on the same day. Brooke really racked up on some big items (car seat, swing, bouncy seat), toys, clothes and diapers! She is spoiled rotten already! I can't wait to put her in some of her new sweet monogrammed items!

No comments:

Post a Comment